By Louise
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyI1nqMMC90
Available until: Unknown
This is another monologue from the Coronavirus Theatre Club, one of the first. It was uploaded in April, which seems like a very long time ago. This story cuts off before the end, which is sad because I was really enjoying it, but I liked the six minutes I was able to watch.
I don’t think it’s actually about a public service
announcement, but it is kind of about how to look after yourself in various
public situations. The main character starts off by telling us about a trip to
the supermarket and all the precautions she takes because of the coronavirus.
She sounds very well-organised and it’s all really good advice. Then she talks
about another issue which has been very important since the first time we went
into lockdown – what to do if you’re going into a situation where there’s no
toilet paper.
Roisin Moriarty’s script is really funny and I like the main
character. I also really like the way the characters the main character talks
about are described – she really brings them to life so I can see exactly what
they’re like. I like the fact the play has humour too. It is important to take
the coronavirus seriously and follow the rules and take precautions, but I
think it is okay to laugh about the less serious parts of it sometimes.
Laughing can make things more bearable and more possible.
The main character is played by Natalie Ann Jamieson, who played
Amy in Emmerdale. I’ve never seen it, but my friends say it’s really
good. Ms Jamieson plays the character really well. She’s very likeable and fun
and she’s very good at comedy. The way she times each line is so clever. It’s
just sad I can’t see all of the play because I can imagine it’s the kind of
play with a really brilliant punch line.
No comments:
Post a Comment