By Louise
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De3PzEUE7_Q
Available until: Unknown
Some people say it isn’t a good thing to have expectations
about a play, but I think sometimes having expectations can be really good. I
don’t mean good or bad expectations, I mean more about having expectations
about what the play is about.
If you don’t have expectations, the writer can’t surprise
you and I think it is very good to be surprised sometimes.
World’s Worst Colleague, written and directed by Alice Josephs, surprised me and that is part of why I enjoyed it so much.
I won’t say anything about what I thought it was about or
what it was actually about because it was less then eight minutes long and I
don’t want to give anything away, but I’m really glad I watched it.
World’s Worst Colleague is a monologue and it is
performed by Gemma Keeling, who plays the role of Carrie. She is brilliant. It
feels so real. You can feel her emotions as they rise and fall through the
monologue and there are times when I feel really sad and times when I almost
want to smile (not in a nasty way) because Carrie is such a great character.
I don’t think I’ve been in Carrie’s situation yet – I have
only had one job and that was appearing in a show when I was very little and I
don’t remember it at all so I don’t know what my colleagues were like (my dad
says they all wanted to kidnap me, but not in a bad way). But Ms Keeling
expressed Carrie’s feelings so well, I felt as though I really did understand
everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment