By Emma
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYxe-LGOBjw
Available until: Unknown
I think this is a really good play.
It’s only ten minutes long but it’s enough to get a really good sense of who
the characters are and how they feel. It’s part of a longer story which has
been going on for a very long time but you don’t need to hear the rest of the
story. You can feel what it is like.
Mark Goldthorp has written and directed this play for two actors on Zoom. The dialogue seems really natural and both the actors are brilliant at conveying everything they don’t say.
I especially like it because in a lot
of drama being written now, they would deal with the problem they’re facing in
a certain way but I’m not sure these two characters will do that. I think this
makes the play stronger.
The roles are taken by two well-known
actors, Joseph Millson and Sarah-Jane Potts. Their performances are perfect.
You can see what the characters are like right from the start and you can feel
their emotions through the screen. They speak the dialogue so naturally I could
almost believe it was a real conversation between them. It’s a really good
play.
No comments:
Post a Comment