By Emma
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6CTlxYcfnI
Available until: Unknown
I’m not going to say ‘we’ve all been through it’ because some people haven’t and I actually haven’t been through it properly because so far, it’s always turned out to be my boyfriend (this was before I got married and decided I’d better start pretending to be a grown-up) but I think it probably is a situation we’d all recognise as a nightmare.
Waking up. Hungover. False lashes everywhere (I remember that part). But it’s not your bed. The bed probably belongs to the person sleeping next to you… and they really don’t look familiar.
The Hang Over takes things a bit further with one disaster after another. Victoria Saxton’s script is funny but at the same time we can feel the woman’s complete horror as things get worse and worse. Zoe Waterman has set up the scene to give an impression of the situation the woman is in, rather than a bedroom set which would be easy to do and more realistic but I like the weirdness of the set because it’s a weird situation. If it looked like a normal bedroom then the situation might feel less awful.
The actor is Alix Dunmore who has played loads of very different Shakespeare roles in lockdown and it’s great to see her doing something modern, which she’s equally brilliant at. She gets the humour perfectly, she gets the horror perfectly and she makes her character really likeable, even if she is messing things up horribly. The man is actually very lucky to wake up with Alix Dunmore but I can understand if he doesn’t see it that way.
I’m not sure I’ve ever enjoyed someone else’s hang over
quite so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment